- I Want To...
- Apply For...
- Report ...
- Participate in the Water Assistance Program
- Pay a Water Bill
- Place a Bid
- Reserve a Park Facility
- Look up my Zoning
- Employee Intranet Logon
Location: 137 N. Churton St. in Town Hall Annex (next to the Hillsborough police station)
Parking: Accessed off West Tryon Street
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Phone: 919-732-2104
- Fax: 919-732-1028
- Postal Mail: Finance Department, PO Box 429, Hillsborough, NC 27278
- Finance Director: Ext. 227
- Assistant Finance Director: Ext. 229
Accounting Technician: Ext. 240
(for business licenses; food and beverage tax; fire inspection; and fire marshal permit fee collections)
Accounts Clerk: Ext. 234
(for accounts payable; accounts receivable)
Manage all aspects of the town’s finances in an open, accountable and timely manner in accordance with general auditing standards and the general statutes of the state of North Carolina.
The Finance Department is responsible for preparing and administering the town’s budget. Tasks include:
- Issuing business licenses
- Overseeing the billing and collection of utility bills
- Collecting prepared food and beverage tax funds
- Collecting fire inspection and permit fees
- Handling accounts receivable and payable
- Handling purchase orders and requisitions
- Maintaining insurance verifications
- Maintaining town contracts
- Maintaining the town's capital asset records
- Business License (Privilege License) — required to operate a business within Hillsborough town limits.
- Food and Beverage Tax — a 1 percent sales tax levied on the sales of prepared food and beverages sold within Hillsborough town limits.
Water and Sewer Services
- Water/Sewer Billing and Collections Page — information on paying your water bill.
- Water Assistance Program — an assistance program to help those in financial hardship pay their water bill. View page for assistance or information on donating to the program.
- Town Fee Schedule — located on the Town Budget page.
Fire inspections and permitting — located on the Fire Marshal page.
- Town News
- About Hillsborough
- Emergency Information
- Town Government
- Town Staff Directory
- Departments and Services
- Business Services
- Fire Marshal
- Water and Sewer Services
- Public Works
- Stormwater Management
- Boards and Commissions
- Town Budget
- Meeting Calendar
- Town Code
- Green Initiatives
- Bid Postings
- Development Activity
- Approved Projects
- Projects Under Review
- Descriptions for Development Processes
- Economic Development
- Strategic Growth Plan
- Churton Street Strategic Plan
- Downtown Streetscape Plan
- US 70/Cornelius Street Corridor
- Hillsborough Branding
- Economic Development
- Additional Resources
- Site map