- I Want To...
- Apply For...
- Report ...
- Participate in the Water Assistance Program
- Pay a Water Bill
- Place a Bid
- Reserve a Park Facility
- Look up where I live
- Look up my Zoning
- Employee Intranet Logon
Water/Sewer Billing & Collections
The Billing and Collections Office is responsible for:
- Collection of water and sewer bill payments
- Monthly meter readings
- Routine checks for leaks and malfunctioning meters
- Connections for all new customers to utility services.
Other services, such as flow meter tests and pressure readings, are available for a small fee.
New Service Accounts/Deposit Requirements
The town requires all of the following to start a new service account:
- Valid drivers license, ID or passport
- Social Security number
- Copy of the lease agreement if renting
- $20 non-refundable connection fee
- Deposit (shown below)
Customers concerned about giving their Social Security number may choose to pay the higher deposit in lieu of providing the number. Please allow 24 hours notice for new service. The deposits are as follows:
|Bank Draft Application||93.67 KB|
|FY 2013 Water/Sewer Rate Schedule||15.09 KB|
- Town News
- About Hillsborough
- Emergency Information
- Town Government
- Town Staff Directory
- Departments and Services
- Business Services
- Fire Marshal
- Public Works
- Stormwater Management
- Water and Sewer Services
- Boards and Commissions
- Town Budget
- Meeting Calendar
- Town Code
- Green Initiatives
- Bid Postings
- Development Activity
- Economic Development
- Additional Resources
- Site map
Billing & Collections
The office is in the Town Hall Annex, 137 N. Churton St. Access parking and the drive-through window from West Tryon Street.
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Phone: (919) 732-2104
- Ext. 225: for excessive water usage or to ask about leak adjustments.
- Ext. 223 or 237: for new service connections, bill payments, service disconnections or general inquiries.
Fax: (919) 732-1028
Report water line breaks, frozen meters
and similar emergencies immediately:
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays: (919) 732-2104 Ext. 223, 237 or 225
After hours, weekends and holidays: (919) 732-3621
- Engineering/Utilities home page
- Water Treatment Plant
- Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection