Water/Sewer Billing and Collections
The Billing and Collections Office is responsible for:
- Collection of water and sewer bill payments
- Monthly meter readings
- Routine checks for leaks and malfunctioning meters
- Connections for all new customers to utility services.
Other services, such as flow meter tests and pressure readings, are available for a small fee.
Bill payments are due on the 25th of every month. Payments received after 5 p.m. on the 25th will be considered late.
Payments may be made with cash, single-party checks, credit or debit cards, money orders or bank drafts.
New Service Accounts/Deposit Requirements
The town requires all of the following to start a new service account:
- Valid drivers license, ID or passport
- Social Security number
- Copy of the lease agreement if renting
- $20 non-refundable connection fee
- Deposit (shown below)
Customers concerned about giving their Social Security number may choose to pay the higher deposit in lieu of providing the number. Please allow 24 hours notice for new service. The deposits are as follows:
|Bank Draft Application||93.67 KB|
|FY 2014-15 Water/Sewer Rate Schedule||201.32 KB|
- About Town Government
- Emergency Information
- Public Information
- Departments and Programs
- Fire Marshal
- Public Works
- Stormwater Management
- Water and Sewer Services
- Boards and Commissions
- Town Budget
- Meeting Calendar
- Town Code
- Green Initiatives
- Our Partners
- Doing Business
- I Want To...
- Apply For...
- Report ...
- Subscribe to Town News
- Participate in the Water Assistance Program
- Pay a Water Bill
- View Bid Postings
- Reserve a Park Facility
- Look up where I live
- Look up my Zoning
- Employee Intranet
Report water line breaks, frozen meters and similar emergencies immediately to Billing and Collections:
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays: 919-732-2104, ext. 1009, 1004, or 1007
- After hours, weekends and holidays: 919-732-3621
Administrative offices are located in Town Hall, 101 E. Orange St.
- Engineering/Utilities home page
- Water Treatment Plant
- Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection
The Water/Sewer Billing and Collections Office is in the Town Hall Annex, 137 N. Churton St.
- Ext. 1004: for excessive water usage or to ask about leak adjustments.
- Ext. 1007: for new service connections, bill payments, service disconnections or general inquiries.
Fax: (919) 732-1028
Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Water/Sewer Billing and Collections
- Water and Sewer Bills
- How to Pay Your Bill
- Online Bill Pay
- Water Assistance Program