The Tree Board is responsible for hearing requests from citizens regarding planting, maintenance and removal of street and park trees. It also is responsible for establishing guidelines for spacing of trees on town property.
The board's Treasure Trees Program is intended to create awareness of and give recognition to the preservation of significant trees in the Hillsborough area. A significant tree may be on public or private land, and can be recognized for its historic value; beauty; value to wildlife; or exceptional size, age, shape or color.
The board meets at 9 a.m. the third Wednesday of each month in the Town Barn, located at 101 E. Orange St. on the Town Hall campus. Parking is accessed from East Corbin Street.
- Town Trees Ordinance
- Tree Board Rules of Procedure
- Recommended and Prohibited Plant List
- Tree Protection Standards
- Complete 2015 Meeting Schedule
|Name||Term Start||Term End|
|Frances Harris / Member||06/01/2015||06/01/2018|
|Bryan Stuart / Member||02/09/2015||02/21/2018|
|George Campbell / Member||01/12/2015||01/17/2018|
|Elizabeth Waters / Ex-Officio||05/21/2014||05/17/2017|
|Dana Dannehower / Member||04/16/2014||04/15/2017|
|Andrea Lewis / Ex-Officio||05/06/2006||12/31/2016|
|Phil Ray / Member||08/09/2010||08/09/2016|
|Ken Ostrand / Vice Chair||12/10/2012||12/31/2015|
Meetings in the Next 60 Days
|Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 9:00am||Tree Board|
|Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 9:00am||Tree Board|
- Doing Business
- I Want To...
- Apply For...
- Report ...
- Pay a Water and Sewer Bill Online
- Pay a Bill in Person or by Mail
- Sign up for Emergency Telephone Notifications
- Subscribe to Town News
- View Curbside Collections Calendar
- View Bid Postings
- Participate in the Water Assistance Program
- Check if My Home Receives Town Services
- Look up Zoning
- Reserve a Park Facility
- View Employment Opportunities
- Contact the Town