- I Want To...
- Apply For...
- Report ...
- Participate in the Water Assistance Program
- Pay a Water Bill
- Place a Bid
- Reserve a Park Facility
- Look up where I live
- Look up my Zoning
- Employee Intranet Logon
Town Staff Directory
The town uses an automated phone answering system due to limited staffing. If the extension you are calling is busy, you will be forwarded to the extension’s voice mail. Please leave your name and number; your call will be returned as soon as possible.
Office Hours — Town offices are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Offices will be closed to recognize the following holidays:
- Thanksgiving: Nov. 28-29
- Christmas: Dec. 24-26
Emergency Service/Work Orders
Emergency Service Requests
Water line breaks and similar emergencies should be reported immediately:
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday: (919) 732-2104 for the Water/Sewer Billing and Collections staff
- After hours, weekends and holidays: (919) 732-3621 for the Water Plant
Place a work order to request new trash cans or recycling bins; special collections; and other similar needs:
- Work Order Voice Mailbox: (919) 732-2104 Ext. 222
- Work Order E-mail
The mailbox is monitored twice per day, and you will be contacted or have the item addressed within seven business days. Please remember to leave a name, address, phone number and specific message about the service you need.
Town Hall — (919) 732-1270
Town Hall is located at 101 E. Orange St. and is accessed from East Corbin Street. Google map.
- Planning Director Margaret Hauth, Ext. 86
- Senior Planner Tom King, Ext. 73
- Planner Stephanie Trueblood, Ext. 74
Contact regarding recycling bins; collection of trash, leaves/brush and bulk items; streets; and cemetery.
- Public Works Director Ken Hines, Ext. 78
- Assistant Public Works Supervisor, Ext. 79
- Town Cemetery Administrator Ken Hines, Ext. 83
- Stormwater Manager Terry Hackett, Ext. 77
Town Hall Annex — (919) 732-2104
Town Hall Annex is located at 137 N. Churton St. and is accessed from West Tryon Street. Google map.
- Mayor Tom Stevens, Ext. 233
- Finance Director Heidi Lamay, Ext. 227
- Accounts Payable, Ext. 234
- Business Licenses, Ext. 240
- Food and Beverage Tax, Ext. 240
Water/Sewer Billing and Collection Office
- New Water Service, Ext. 223
- Water/Sewer Billing and Collection Concerns, Ext. 225
Main Station — (919) 732-9381
This is a non-emergency number. The main station is located at 127 N. Churton St.
Community Policing Center — (919) 732-2441
The substation is located at 501 Rainey Ave. in the Fairview community
Hwy 86 N. Facility
The Hwy 86 N. Facility is located at 890 N.C. 86 N.
Fire Marshal's Office
Fleet Maintenance — (919) 241-4614
Safety and Risk Management
- Safety and Risk Management Officer David Moore — (919) 241-4615
Water Treatment Plant — (919) 732-3621
The Water Treatment Plant is located at 711 Dimmocks Mill Road.
Wastewater Treatment Plant Plant — (919) 732-2681
The Wastewater Treatment Plant is located at 355 Elizabeth Brady Road.
Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection — (919) 732-9459
The Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Division is located at 719 Dimmocks Mill Road in the former water plant.
- Town News
- About Hillsborough
- Emergency Information
- Town Government
- Town Staff Directory
- Departments and Services
- Business Services
- Fire Marshal
- Public Works
- Stormwater Management
- Water and Sewer Services
- Boards and Commissions
- Meeting List
- Board of Commissioners
- Board of Adjustment
- Historic District Commission
- Margaret Lane Cemetery Committee
- Parks and Recreation Board
- Planning Board
- Tourism Board
- Tourism Development Authority
- Town Clock Committee
- Tree Board
- Water/Sewer Advisory Committee
- Waste Transfer Station Advisory Committee
- Town Budget
- Meeting Calendar
- Town Code
- Green Initiatives
- Bid Postings
- Development Activity
- Economic Development
- Additional Resources
- Site map