Board of Commissioners
The Hillsborough Board of Commissioners acts as the town's legislative body, establishing policy and law. It includes the mayor and five commissioners.
The mayor and commissioners serve part time, and are chosen through townwide nonpartisan elections. The mayor is elected to a two-year term, serves as the presiding officer at Board of Commissioners meetings, and acts as the head of the town for ceremonial purposes. The five commissioners are elected to staggered four-year terms.
The board meets in the Town Barn, located at 101 E. Orange St. on the Town Hall campus. Parking is accessed from East Corbin Street.
- Regular Meetings: 7 p.m. on the second Monday of most months.
- Work Sessions: 7 p.m. on the fourth Monday of most months.
- Complete 2015 Meeting Schedule
The link below provides access to meeting minutes of the Hillsborough Board of Commissioners. Minutes are available from late 1996 onward.
The mayor and Board of Commissioners can be emailed as a group, or the links below can be used to contact them individually.
|Name||Term Start||Term End|
|Kathleen Ferguson / Commissioner||12/09/2013||12/11/2017|
|Jenn Weaver / Commissioner||12/09/2013||12/11/2017|
|Tom Stevens / Mayor||12/09/2013||12/14/2015|
|Evelyn Lloyd / Commissioner||12/10/2007||12/12/2015|
|Eric Hallman / Commissioner||12/10/2007||12/12/2015|
|Brian J. Lowen / Mayor Pro Tem||12/10/2007||12/12/2015|
Meetings in the Next 60 Days
- Doing Business
- I Want To...
- Apply For...
- Report ...
- Pay a Water and Sewer Bill Online
- Pay a Bill in Person or by Mail
- Sign up for Emergency Telephone Notifications
- Subscribe to Town News
- View Curbside Collections Calendar
- View Bid Postings
- Participate in the Water Assistance Program
- Check if My Home Receives Town Services
- Look up Zoning
- Reserve a Park Facility
- View Employment Opportunities
- Contact the Town