- I Want To...
- Apply For...
- Report ...
- Participate in the Water Assistance Program
- Pay a Water Bill
- Place a Bid
- Reserve a Park Facility
- Look up where I live
- Look up my Zoning
- Employee Intranet Logon
Hillsborough Board of Commissioners Meeting Summary — Nov. 12, 2013
The Hillsborough Board of Commissioners met Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2013, at the Town Barn, 101 E. Orange St. The following is a brief summary of noteworthy actions. It does not include all action taken at the meeting. This summary should not be viewed as official minutes. A copy of the agenda and details can be found on the town’s website. Using the meeting calendar, located on the right side of the home page, click on the meeting date and then the attachment.
- Appointed resident Arthur Sprinczeles to fill a vacancy on the Orange County Animal Services Advisory Board. The term expires June 30, 2015.
- Appointed residents Ashley DeSena, Annie Jarabek and Carolyn Helfrich to three-year terms on the Parks and Recreation Board.
Acceptance of Streets in Waterstone
Accepted from Stratford Land the dedication of current roads within the Waterstone mixed-use development: Cates Creek Parkway, College Park Road and Waterstone Drive. The roads will be under a one-year warranty period, after which the town will accept permanent maintenance. The final layer of asphalt and repairs to the curb and gutter of the Cates Creek Parkway roundabout will be made during construction of the parkway’s extension from Old N.C. 86 to the roundabout. Construction is expected to start later this month, and dedication of the extension will be offered to the town upon completion. Waterstone is located by Interstate 40 between Old N.C. 86 and N.C. 86.
Approved $194,500 contract with Schnabel Engineering South to conduct a preliminary study beginning the process of the West Fork Eno Reservoir’s Phase 2 expansion. The study is expected to take eight months to complete. Final design work will begin in Fiscal Year 2015, with construction expected to start in FY16 and be completed in 2018.
Approved small transportation/pedestrian priorities for upcoming regional prioritization. These are local projects eligible for N.C. Department of Transportation funding. Yet they are not large enough for inclusion on the NCDOT Transportation Improvement Plan. The prioritized projects include:
- Design and construction of pedestrian improvements along North Churton Street from Queen to Orange streets
- Intersection improvements at Corbin and North Churton streets
- Pedestrian and access-to-transit improvements along North Churton Street from Corbin Street to U.S. 70 Bypass.
- Feasibility study on the design of pedestrian improvements along U.S. 70/Cornelius Street from Faucette Mill Road east to Orange High School Road
- Feasibility study on the design of pedestrian improvements along South Churton Street from Nash & Kollock Street to Orange Grove Road
- Feasibility study on merging the results of the South Churton Street widening feasibility study with the Churton Street Corridor Plan recommendations
- Feasibility study for Cates Creek Greenway, a proposed greenway along Cates Creek that would connect the Historic Occoneechee Speedway Trail to the planned Cates Creek Community Park in the Waterstone development by Interstate 40.
Topics for Nov. 25 workshop
The following topics were approved for the board’s workshop on Nov. 25:
- Scrap Materials — Public comment on scrap materials located at 112 Hill St., regarding whether these materials constitute a public nuisance by equaling the storage of more than 300 square feet of solid waste.
- Recycling Program — Consideration of approval for a letter of intent to continue participation with Orange County’s curbside, multi-family and business recycling program.
- Annual Balanced Scorecard Report — Review, discussion and direction regarding key strategies, initiatives, performance measures and targets affecting departmental performance and townwide goals.
- Town News
- About Hillsborough
- Emergency Information
- Town Government
- Town Staff Directory
- Departments and Services
- Business Services
- Fire Marshal
- Public Works
- Stormwater Management
- Water and Sewer Services
- Boards and Commissions
- Meeting List
- Board of Commissioners
- Board of Adjustment
- Historic District Commission
- Margaret Lane Cemetery Committee
- Parks and Recreation Board
- Planning Board
- Tourism Board
- Tourism Development Authority
- Town Clock Committee
- Tree Board
- Water/Sewer Advisory Committee
- Waste Transfer Station Advisory Committee
- Town Budget
- Meeting Calendar
- Town Code
- Green Initiatives
- Bid Postings
- Development Activity
- Additional Resources
- Site map